HomeStartupsCreating YOUR OWN FOOD VENTURE

Creating YOUR OWN FOOD VENTURE

Published on

Have you been yearning to start your own food business, but haven’t been able to find the right kitchen? Well if you answered yes to that you might just want to get in touch with Cantina!

Cantina enables online food entrepreneurs to start their own white label restaurant by connecting them to local kitchen networks.

‘One can start their very own white label restaurant anywhere within 1 hour for as little as Rs 200’ stated Cantina’s Vizag-based entrepreneur, Mr. Ramaseshu.

With the Indian food industry poised for growth Cloud kitchens are fast becoming a booming sensation.

However Cantina is not just a standalone cloud kitchen but an amalgamation of various cloud kitchens in the city.

As per Ramaseshu there are many restaurant kitchens in the city that are way underutilized and would be happy to get more business.

‘Typically the thumb rule in any city is that 90% of the orders are fulfilled by just 10% of the restaurants in that city. This therefore leaves the other 90% of restaurant kitchens underutilized’ informed Mr Ramaseshu.

It is to help these underutilized businesses garner more revenue that Cantina helps match these kitchens to food entrepreneurs wanting to start their own food venture.

The startup currently has about 16 brands actively operating on its platform while 45 have been put on waiting list as per the founder.

In terms of revenue Cantina charges a subscription fee to the food entrepreneur which ranges from as low as Rs 100 to 2000/month.

In addition Cantina is not just a matchmaking platform but also doubles up as a delivery platform just like Swiggy and Zomato.

We currently offer over 15 different cuisines on our platform ranging Indochinese, tandoori, Mexican, south Indian etc. said Mr Ramseshu.

Armed with a team of six members and an aggressive marketing strategy Cantina looks to make a significant mark in this space.

Snapshots of the Company & Founder:

Founder: Mr. Ramaseshu Botu

Incubation year: 2021

Industry/Space: Online food industry

Number of team members: 6

Funding received: 10000 USD

Claim to Fame: 40 people customer-base with 6 kitchens in network & a few govt. projects in the pipeline. Also selected under STPI’s Chunauti Scheme

Market of operation: Vizag

Revenue: Rs. 55,000/- per month

Person that inspires me: Elon Musk

Company’s culture :

Aggressive         Easy Going            Methodical

PTIM (Person that inspires me): Nicholas Tesla

spot_img

Latest articles

Vizag Port gets new CVO

Mr P.S. Lingeswara Swami, IOFS has recently taken charge as the new Chief Vigilance...

Maersk orders 6 new green vessels

A.P. Moller - Maersk (Maersk) recently announced that it has ordered a further six...

Our acquisition of GPL will boost AP’s industrialization: Karan Adani

Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (“APSEZ”), part of Adani Group, recently received...

Forging US-AP Partnerships

The U.S. Consul General Ms Jennifer Larson recently called upon the Chief Minister Mr Y....